Can I sue my DOT doctor?

1 Answers. Asked on Jul 10th, 2017 on Personal Injury - Florida
More details to this question:
He made me lift a keg (160lbs) and hurt my back. Been driving bus for 38 years never lifted more than 65-70 lbs of luggage. I was Not prepared to go in without notice I would be asked to lift that kind of weight.
Answers Showing 1 out of 1
Answered on Jul 17th, 2017 at 8:30 AM

Dear Sir/Madam:


More information would be required to assess your situation.  Did you tell the doctor that you could not opick up the keg or you were not prepared to do so?  Are you required, as part of your job, to lift objects that weigh 160 lbs? Was this a physical that was part of your employment?  If you were in the course and scope of your business, you may be able to make a work comp claim.  Contact a worker's compensation lawyer and explain the facts to them. You may be able to make a worker's compensation claim which will pay your medical bills and loss of wages.

It is a difficult case against the doctor, because he didn't "make" you lift the keg.  You could have informed him that you did not want to pick up the keg without notice, or that you just couldn't pick it up. Making a claim againsty the doctor will, in all likelihood, not be successful for you. 


Report Abuse
Personal Injury
Have you been injured in accident that was someone else's fault? Has a doctor's mistake caused long-term health issues? Have you been hurt by a defective product? Under state personal injury laws, you may be entitled to compensation if you are hurt as a result of another person or company's negligent, reckless or deliberate actions. Personal injury lawyers work with the victims of all kinds of accidents, including auto accidents, motorcycle crashes, truck crashes, boating accidents, plane crashes, workplace injuries and railroad accidents. You should also hire a personal injury attorney if you've been injured as a result of dental or medical malpractice, a defective product, nursing home abuse, a slip and fall accident on someone else's property or a dog bite. Your personal injury law firm can help you collect money to pay for medical expenses, temporary or permanent disability, lost wages, pain and suffering, and other injury-related expenses.
Have an Personal Injury Question?
It’s Free & Easy.
Ask a Lawyer
Top Contributing Lawyers
Mark Tischhauser, Esq.

Attorney - Florida

330 Answers, 20 Legal Topics

Patrick Johnson

Attorney - Tennessee

240 Answers, 46 Legal Topics

Michael D. Siegel

Attorney - New York

160 Answers, 24 Legal Topics

Michael E. Fiffik

Attorney - Pennsylvania

103 Answers, 19 Legal Topics

Anthony John Van Zwaren, Esq.

Attorney - New Jersey

102 Answers, 17 Legal Topics

Edward J. Dimon

Attorney - New Jersey

80 Answers, 19 Legal Topics

Lori Nevias

Attorney - New York

77 Answers, 36 Legal Topics

Have a legal question?
Get answers from local attorneys.
It's free and easy.
Ask a Lawyer
Do It Yourself Legal Forms

Popular Forums