> Discuss Your Legal Issue > Ask a Lawyer > Personal Injury > Consultation on medical bill and insurance claim.

Consultation on medical bill and insurance claim.

1 Answers. Asked on Jul 05th, 2017 on Personal Injury - New Jersey
More details to this question:
We went to emergency for personal injury last year. Upon service we received bill from the hospital. We have been contacting both hospital and insurance company for the bill from past 10 months. Now Medical insurance is denying to pay on the bill due to out of network case and it's above 180 days. Please help us to understand what are our options and rights.
Tagged as:
Answers Showing 1 out of 1
Answered on Jul 05th, 2017 at 2:47 PM

Usually you might have to seek arbitration or discuss the denial of benefits with your insurance company, and if necessary contest them. You may have to go to court or seek arbitration. You may go to court to compel the insurer to pay but that depends upon the nature of your insurance coverage.

Answers to any question is not to imply a lawyer-client relationship which can only be after a consultation and the signing of a retainer agreement disclosing what the terms of representation might be.

Report Abuse
Personal Injury
Have you been injured in accident that was someone else's fault? Has a doctor's mistake caused long-term health issues? Have you been hurt by a defective product? Under state personal injury laws, you may be entitled to compensation if you are hurt as a result of another person or company's negligent, reckless or deliberate actions. Personal injury lawyers work with the victims of all kinds of accidents, including auto accidents, motorcycle crashes, truck crashes, boating accidents, plane crashes, workplace injuries and railroad accidents. You should also hire a personal injury attorney if you've been injured as a result of dental or medical malpractice, a defective product, nursing home abuse, a slip and fall accident on someone else's property or a dog bite. Your personal injury law firm can help you collect money to pay for medical expenses, temporary or permanent disability, lost wages, pain and suffering, and other injury-related expenses.
Have an Personal Injury Question?
It’s Free & Easy.
Ask a Lawyer
Top Contributing Lawyers
Mark Tischhauser, Esq.

Attorney - Florida

360 Answers, 20 Legal Topics

Patrick Johnson

Attorney - Tennessee

239 Answers, 47 Legal Topics

Michael D. Siegel

Attorney - New York

175 Answers, 25 Legal Topics

Anthony John Van Zwaren, Esq.

Attorney - New Jersey

113 Answers, 18 Legal Topics

Michael E. Fiffik

Attorney - Pennsylvania

87 Answers, 18 Legal Topics

Lori Nevias

Attorney - New York

76 Answers, 32 Legal Topics

Bruce Robins

Attorney - New York

73 Answers, 8 Legal Topics

Have a legal question?
Get answers from local attorneys.
It's free and easy.
Ask a Lawyer
Do It Yourself Legal Forms

Popular Forums