> Discuss Your Legal Issue > Ask a Lawyer > Personal Injury > Do I have a case for permanent hearing loss sustained as a musician-for-hire in a church service 4 years ago?

Do I have a case for permanent hearing loss sustained as a musician-for-hire in a church service 4 years ago?

1 Answers. Asked on Mar 09th, 2017 on Personal Injury - Wisconsin
More details to this question:
In January 2013 I performed as a musician-for-hire for a church service in Wisconsin. During the service, I sustained permanent hearing loss and tinnitus because of unexpected increased loudness of the sound system despite my proper use of hearing protection. A hearing evaluation following the service verified the hearing loss, but with the possibility that the hearing loss and tinnitus may not be permanent. The hearing loss and tinnitus have not subsided and are a detriment to my current and future livelihood as a professional audio engineer and musician and my personal life. I believe I've exceeded the statute of limitation, but would like to know if I have a case worth pursuing. I did not pursue legal action earlier because I was worried about how suing a church would affect my professional and personal reputation in the community.
Tagged as:
Answers Showing 1 out of 1
Answered on Mar 10th, 2017 at 6:50 AM

The statute of limitations for personal injury in Wisconsin is three years (3) from the date of the occurrence or accident. This mishap happened in January 2013, so under Wisconsin law, it is now time barred, since a lawsuit was never filed within the three years.


David B. Karp Karp & Iancu, S.C. 933 North Mayfair Road #300 Milwaukee, WI 53226 414 453 0800

Report Abuse
Personal Injury
Have you been injured in accident that was someone else's fault? Has a doctor's mistake caused long-term health issues? Have you been hurt by a defective product? Under state personal injury laws, you may be entitled to compensation if you are hurt as a result of another person or company's negligent, reckless or deliberate actions. Personal injury lawyers work with the victims of all kinds of accidents, including auto accidents, motorcycle crashes, truck crashes, boating accidents, plane crashes, workplace injuries and railroad accidents. You should also hire a personal injury attorney if you've been injured as a result of dental or medical malpractice, a defective product, nursing home abuse, a slip and fall accident on someone else's property or a dog bite. Your personal injury law firm can help you collect money to pay for medical expenses, temporary or permanent disability, lost wages, pain and suffering, and other injury-related expenses.
Have an Personal Injury Question?
It’s Free & Easy.
Ask a Lawyer
Top Contributing Lawyers
Mark Tischhauser, Esq.

Attorney - Florida

342 Answers, 21 Legal Topics

Patrick Johnson

Attorney - Tennessee

253 Answers, 44 Legal Topics

Michael D. Siegel

Attorney - New York

189 Answers, 27 Legal Topics

Ms. Maryellen Sullivan, Esq.

Attorney - Maine

155 Answers, 4 Legal Topics

Michael E. Fiffik

Attorney - Pennsylvania

149 Answers, 22 Legal Topics

Lori Nevias

Attorney - New York

146 Answers, 37 Legal Topics

R. Sam Price

Attorney - California

83 Answers, 14 Legal Topics

Personal Injury Local Law Firms  
In United States change location
Please select state Update
Do It Yourself Legal Forms

Popular Forums