> Discuss Your Legal Issue > Ask a Lawyer > Personal Injury > Fell in uncovered hole at work and need advice on what to do.

Fell in uncovered hole at work and need advice on what to do.

1 Answers. Asked on Jul 14th, 2016 on Personal Injury - Texas
More details to this question:
I work in the oilfield, with one of the three biggest companies around I got called by the lead-mans to look at a job in test pit On my walk to them I stepped in an uncovered hole. The hole was covered by 2-3 inches of murky, blackish water an I stepped into an open hole that should have been closed but since my boss refuses to let me fix it, it stays open when the hole (a drain) is being pumped. I didn't report the incident because at that moment I was angry and I guess my adrenaline was pumping and I didn't feel it. The next day I couldn't even get out of bed. I tried massages and a chiropractor like the leads (who saw me fall) told me I should. Nothing has helped and the pain is still constant. I can't lift or turn my head. Now they won't compensate me for lost time due to the injury, which in my opinion is their negligence. Today I asked if someone could come in for me while I go to the doctor (I'm contract by the way) and they denied me again. Need advice. Don't have a case?
Answers Showing 1 out of 1
Answered on Jul 21st, 2016 at 1:14 PM

Hi there,

After review, the experienced personal injury attorneys at Shaw Cowart LLP are interested in your potential case. We have a few questions for you first regarding additional details of the incident and circumstances. We look forward to speaking with you.


Our office number is: 512-739-6361 if you would like to speak with us directly about the incident.


Who is your employer?

Who owns the property where the hole is?

Who is responsible for maintenance of the property?

How did the hole get there?

When did the accident happen?

Who witnessed the accident?


Where did the accident happen, state, city, etc.?

Report Abuse
Personal Injury
Have you been injured in accident that was someone else's fault? Has a doctor's mistake caused long-term health issues? Have you been hurt by a defective product? Under state personal injury laws, you may be entitled to compensation if you are hurt as a result of another person or company's negligent, reckless or deliberate actions. Personal injury lawyers work with the victims of all kinds of accidents, including auto accidents, motorcycle crashes, truck crashes, boating accidents, plane crashes, workplace injuries and railroad accidents. You should also hire a personal injury attorney if you've been injured as a result of dental or medical malpractice, a defective product, nursing home abuse, a slip and fall accident on someone else's property or a dog bite. Your personal injury law firm can help you collect money to pay for medical expenses, temporary or permanent disability, lost wages, pain and suffering, and other injury-related expenses.
Have an Personal Injury Question?
It’s Free & Easy.
Ask a Lawyer
Top Contributing Lawyers
Mark Tischhauser, Esq.

Attorney - Florida

349 Answers, 20 Legal Topics

Patrick Johnson

Attorney - Tennessee

242 Answers, 46 Legal Topics

Michael D. Siegel

Attorney - New York

163 Answers, 24 Legal Topics

Anthony John Van Zwaren, Esq.

Attorney - New Jersey

102 Answers, 17 Legal Topics

Michael E. Fiffik

Attorney - Pennsylvania

100 Answers, 19 Legal Topics

Edward J. Dimon

Attorney - New Jersey

78 Answers, 19 Legal Topics

Lori Nevias

Attorney - New York

77 Answers, 36 Legal Topics

Have a legal question?
Get answers from local attorneys.
It's free and easy.
Ask a Lawyer
Do It Yourself Legal Forms

Popular Forums