> Discuss Your Legal Issue > Ask a Lawyer > Personal Injury > HelloI own a condo in NJ and I've had many many leaks from the condo. upstairs. This is causing damage to my condo: mold, drywall damage, etc.

HelloI own a condo in NJ and I've had many many leaks from the condo. upstairs. This is causing damage to my condo: mold, drywall damage, etc.

1 Answers. Asked on Jun 27th, 2017 on Personal Injury - New Jersey
More details to this question:
I would like to hire some counsel to help with forcing the owners of the unit upstairs to pay for my damages, etc.
Answers Showing 1 out of 1
Answered on Jul 05th, 2017 at 3:20 PM

Not really a personal injury issue but a property damage claim. First question I would ask is whether you had insurance? Also how many notices did you send to the condo association? You have the right to sue, but everything is subject to proof both in terms of the cause of the damage to your property and the amount in terms of the current value of the items you claim were destroyed. If you like, you can call my office tomorrow. 973-246-9659


Answers to any question is not to imply a lawyer-client relationship which can only be after a consultation and the signing of a retainer agreement disclosing what the terms of representation might be.

Report Abuse
Personal Injury
Have you been injured in accident that was someone else's fault? Has a doctor's mistake caused long-term health issues? Have you been hurt by a defective product? Under state personal injury laws, you may be entitled to compensation if you are hurt as a result of another person or company's negligent, reckless or deliberate actions. Personal injury lawyers work with the victims of all kinds of accidents, including auto accidents, motorcycle crashes, truck crashes, boating accidents, plane crashes, workplace injuries and railroad accidents. You should also hire a personal injury attorney if you've been injured as a result of dental or medical malpractice, a defective product, nursing home abuse, a slip and fall accident on someone else's property or a dog bite. Your personal injury law firm can help you collect money to pay for medical expenses, temporary or permanent disability, lost wages, pain and suffering, and other injury-related expenses.
Have an Personal Injury Question?
It’s Free & Easy.
Ask a Lawyer
Top Contributing Lawyers
Mark Tischhauser, Esq.

Attorney - Florida

360 Answers, 20 Legal Topics

Patrick Johnson

Attorney - Tennessee

239 Answers, 47 Legal Topics

Michael D. Siegel

Attorney - New York

175 Answers, 25 Legal Topics

Anthony John Van Zwaren, Esq.

Attorney - New Jersey

113 Answers, 18 Legal Topics

Michael E. Fiffik

Attorney - Pennsylvania

87 Answers, 18 Legal Topics

Lori Nevias

Attorney - New York

76 Answers, 32 Legal Topics

Bruce Robins

Attorney - New York

73 Answers, 8 Legal Topics

Have a legal question?
Get answers from local attorneys.
It's free and easy.
Ask a Lawyer
Do It Yourself Legal Forms

Popular Forums