> Discuss Your Legal Issue > Ask a Lawyer > Personal Injury > Hi i have a personal injury case that has been pending since my accident 7-16-12.I agreed to settle this case out of court.I have signed to receive

Hi i have a personal injury case that has been pending since my accident 7-16-12.I agreed to settle this case out of court.I have signed to receive

1 Answers. Asked on May 01st, 2012 on Personal Injury - Virginia
More details to this question:
my check 4-10-12 and have yet to hear anything but excuses from my lawyer concerning my check.I was told the day that I signed for my money that i should be able to pick up my check within 10days.Needless to say it has been almost 20 days.I have called repeatedly and the only thing they are telling me is I will relay the message to your lawyer.At this point I am not happy. What can I do?
Tagged as:
Answers Showing 1 out of 1
Answered on May 03rd, 2012 at 2:22 PM

Tell your lawyer in writing you will complain to the bar unless they respond to your calls and update you on the status of your check.  That usually gets lawyers' attention! 


Report Abuse
Personal Injury
Have you been injured in accident that was someone else's fault? Has a doctor's mistake caused long-term health issues? Have you been hurt by a defective product? Under state personal injury laws, you may be entitled to compensation if you are hurt as a result of another person or company's negligent, reckless or deliberate actions. Personal injury lawyers work with the victims of all kinds of accidents, including auto accidents, motorcycle crashes, truck crashes, boating accidents, plane crashes, workplace injuries and railroad accidents. You should also hire a personal injury attorney if you've been injured as a result of dental or medical malpractice, a defective product, nursing home abuse, a slip and fall accident on someone else's property or a dog bite. Your personal injury law firm can help you collect money to pay for medical expenses, temporary or permanent disability, lost wages, pain and suffering, and other injury-related expenses.
Have an Personal Injury Question?
It’s Free & Easy.
Ask a Lawyer
Top Contributing Lawyers
Wendy Rebecca Barlow

Attorney - New York

614 Answers, 1 Legal Topics

Mark Tischhauser, Esq.

Attorney - Florida

175 Answers, 18 Legal Topics

Patrick Johnson

Attorney - Tennessee

146 Answers, 37 Legal Topics

Richard Samuel Price

Attorney - California

126 Answers, 21 Legal Topics

Bruce Robins

Attorney - New York

86 Answers, 8 Legal Topics

Michael E. Fiffik

Attorney - Pennsylvania

83 Answers, 17 Legal Topics

Cindy S. Vova

Attorney - Florida

82 Answers, 5 Legal Topics

Personal Injury Local Law Firms  
In United States change location
Please select state Update
Luvera Law Firm

Seattle, WA

| Contact Now

Cory Goldensoph P.C.

Cedar Rapids, IA

| Contact Now

Sabbeth Law, PLLC

Woodstock, VT

| Contact Now

Do It Yourself Legal Forms

Popular Forums