> Discuss Your Legal Issue > Ask a Lawyer > Personal Injury > If I am the plaintiff in the state of Arizona for a civil case, am I required to be in the state to do the deposition? I now live in another state and

If I am the plaintiff in the state of Arizona for a civil case, am I required to be in the state to do the deposition? I now live in another state and

1 Answers. Asked on Aug 08th, 2016 on Personal Injury - Arizona
More details to this question:
Answers Showing 1 out of 1
Answered on Aug 16th, 2016 at 11:16 AM

The general rule is that when a plaintiff has chosen the jurisdiction for the action being filed, and assuming there are proper grounds for filing in that jurisdiction, i.e., the cause of action occurred there and/or that's where the defendant is domiciled, he has submitted himself as a plaintiff party to that jurisdiction, and, unless good cause can be shown to the court as to why you should not have to appear for a deposition in Arizona because you chose to move to another state after the action was filed, you will have to attend your depostion in Arizona. In most cases, the court will look at the relative hardship or burdens on each party in these situations, but absent some compelling reasons, it is likely that you will have to appear for your deposition in the jurisdiction in which youchose to file your action.

Report Abuse
Personal Injury
Have you been injured in accident that was someone else's fault? Has a doctor's mistake caused long-term health issues? Have you been hurt by a defective product? Under state personal injury laws, you may be entitled to compensation if you are hurt as a result of another person or company's negligent, reckless or deliberate actions. Personal injury lawyers work with the victims of all kinds of accidents, including auto accidents, motorcycle crashes, truck crashes, boating accidents, plane crashes, workplace injuries and railroad accidents. You should also hire a personal injury attorney if you've been injured as a result of dental or medical malpractice, a defective product, nursing home abuse, a slip and fall accident on someone else's property or a dog bite. Your personal injury law firm can help you collect money to pay for medical expenses, temporary or permanent disability, lost wages, pain and suffering, and other injury-related expenses.
Have an Personal Injury Question?
It’s Free & Easy.
Ask a Lawyer
Top Contributing Lawyers
Mark Tischhauser, Esq.

Attorney - Florida

320 Answers, 20 Legal Topics

Patrick Johnson

Attorney - Tennessee

237 Answers, 43 Legal Topics

Michael D. Siegel

Attorney - New York

141 Answers, 26 Legal Topics

Michael E. Fiffik

Attorney - Pennsylvania

113 Answers, 21 Legal Topics

Bruce Robins

Attorney - New York

95 Answers, 8 Legal Topics

Lori Nevias

Attorney - New York

94 Answers, 33 Legal Topics

R. Sam Price

Attorney - California

92 Answers, 13 Legal Topics

Personal Injury Local Law Firms  
In United States change location
Please select state Update
Do It Yourself Legal Forms

Popular Forums