> Discuss Your Legal Issue > Ask a Lawyer > Personal Injury > TN auto accident injuries and the injured claimant dies due to medical issues not related to the auto accident.

TN auto accident injuries and the injured claimant dies due to medical issues not related to the auto accident.

1 Answers. Asked on Feb 28th, 2017 on Personal Injury - Tennessee
More details to this question:
Is the estate of the deceased entitled to general damages when the injured claimant dies from a medical condition not related to the auto accident or is the estate only entitled to the special damages.
Answers Showing 1 out of 1
Answered on Mar 01st, 2017 at 2:49 AM

Not sure I understand your question but if the deceased suffered an injury in an automobile accident that starts a chain reaction resulting in death, then the estate can recover damages. There has to be at least some relation between the injuries suffered in the auto accident and the medical condition which lead to the death in order to recover.

If you would like to contact me personally by either phone or email, you may do so as follows: Patrick Johnson, Johnson, Scruggs & Barfield, 95 White Bridge Road, S. 508, Nashville, Tennessee, 37205, email:; Cell: 615-646-9417; Office: 615-352-8326

Report Abuse
Personal Injury
Have you been injured in accident that was someone else's fault? Has a doctor's mistake caused long-term health issues? Have you been hurt by a defective product? Under state personal injury laws, you may be entitled to compensation if you are hurt as a result of another person or company's negligent, reckless or deliberate actions. Personal injury lawyers work with the victims of all kinds of accidents, including auto accidents, motorcycle crashes, truck crashes, boating accidents, plane crashes, workplace injuries and railroad accidents. You should also hire a personal injury attorney if you've been injured as a result of dental or medical malpractice, a defective product, nursing home abuse, a slip and fall accident on someone else's property or a dog bite. Your personal injury law firm can help you collect money to pay for medical expenses, temporary or permanent disability, lost wages, pain and suffering, and other injury-related expenses.
Have an Personal Injury Question?
It’s Free & Easy.
Ask a Lawyer
Top Contributing Lawyers
Mark Tischhauser, Esq.

Attorney - Florida

349 Answers, 20 Legal Topics

Patrick Johnson

Attorney - Tennessee

242 Answers, 46 Legal Topics

Michael D. Siegel

Attorney - New York

163 Answers, 24 Legal Topics

Anthony John Van Zwaren, Esq.

Attorney - New Jersey

102 Answers, 17 Legal Topics

Michael E. Fiffik

Attorney - Pennsylvania

100 Answers, 19 Legal Topics

Edward J. Dimon

Attorney - New Jersey

78 Answers, 19 Legal Topics

Lori Nevias

Attorney - New York

77 Answers, 36 Legal Topics

Have a legal question?
Get answers from local attorneys.
It's free and easy.
Ask a Lawyer
Do It Yourself Legal Forms

Popular Forums