What is my next step?

1 Answers. Asked on Jun 11th, 2016 on Personal Injury - Virginia
More details to this question:
I was involved in a car accident on March 18th, 2016 in which I was rear-ended by 15-year-old driver with no adult driver present. I sustained injuries as a result from the accident and had to undergo eight weeks of physical therapy as recommended by an orthopedic surgeon. Immediately following the accident, I pursued at attorney for personal injury and property damage; the auto insurance company of the individual found at fault denied the claim to cover the cost of repairs on my brand new vehicle ( 3 weeks old) in which I was forced to file under my auto insurance for repairs be done. I have medical bills that ultimately has been sent to collections as well. Unfortunately, the worse part of occurred on June 8th, 2016, when I was subpoenaed to appear in court as a witness. My attorney was not present after I was informed he would be, but his partner from the same law firm was present defending the other party. I was not notified of this nor had any knowledge. What do I do?
Tagged as:
Answers Showing 1 out of 1
Jan Freerk Hoen at Hampton Injury Law
Licenced in VA
Answered on Jun 13th, 2016 at 7:44 AM

If you were represented by counsel, a partner of the firm cannot ethically represent the adverse party. The firm has a conflict of interest and should have referred you elsewhere.

You need to find a different attorney and your present counsel should waive their lien.

Report Abuse
Personal Injury
Have you been injured in accident that was someone else's fault? Has a doctor's mistake caused long-term health issues? Have you been hurt by a defective product? Under state personal injury laws, you may be entitled to compensation if you are hurt as a result of another person or company's negligent, reckless or deliberate actions. Personal injury lawyers work with the victims of all kinds of accidents, including auto accidents, motorcycle crashes, truck crashes, boating accidents, plane crashes, workplace injuries and railroad accidents. You should also hire a personal injury attorney if you've been injured as a result of dental or medical malpractice, a defective product, nursing home abuse, a slip and fall accident on someone else's property or a dog bite. Your personal injury law firm can help you collect money to pay for medical expenses, temporary or permanent disability, lost wages, pain and suffering, and other injury-related expenses.
Have an Personal Injury Question?
It’s Free & Easy.
Ask a Lawyer
Top Contributing Lawyers
Mark Tischhauser, Esq.

Attorney - Florida

342 Answers, 21 Legal Topics

Patrick Johnson

Attorney - Tennessee

253 Answers, 44 Legal Topics

Michael D. Siegel

Attorney - New York

189 Answers, 27 Legal Topics

Ms. Maryellen Sullivan, Esq.

Attorney - Maine

155 Answers, 4 Legal Topics

Michael E. Fiffik

Attorney - Pennsylvania

149 Answers, 22 Legal Topics

Lori Nevias

Attorney - New York

146 Answers, 37 Legal Topics

R. Sam Price

Attorney - California

83 Answers, 14 Legal Topics

Personal Injury Local Law Firms  
In United States change location
Please select state Update
Robinson & Robinson

Cranston, RI

| Contact Now

Mills, Mills, Fiely & Lucas

Canton, OH

| Contact Now

Do It Yourself Legal Forms

Popular Forums