> Discuss Your Legal Issue > Ask a Lawyer > Personal Injury > Who do i talk to about a issue at school that cause injury to my granddaughter my grand child was at school it was stated to me she was standing on a

Who do i talk to about a issue at school that cause injury to my granddaughter my grand child was at school it was stated to me she was standing on a

1 Answers. Asked on Feb 15th, 2017 on Personal Injury - Wisconsin
More details to this question:
I was told she was standing on a chair the lilttle boy kicked the chair she fell face first and her front teeth was knocked out my daughter arrived at the school and talk to the 8th grade principal she said it was nothing she can do about it the police wasn't called or anything when asked where the teacher was at my granddaughter said she was on her cell phone my question is is there anything we could do.
Tagged as:
Answers Showing 1 out of 1
Answered on Feb 17th, 2017 at 5:13 AM

THe mother can pursue a personal injury claim for your granddaughter based on the theory of negligent supervisiion. It is a difficult case to prove, but not impossible. Assuming this is a public school and not a private or parochial schhol, if a claim against a municipality, a written notice of claim must be personally served on the appropriate governmental body within 120 days of the event, or otherwise, the claim would be forever barred. Since there are some very strict rules and time lines for making the claim, I would highly recommend hiring  a pesonal injury lawyer to make claim for the injury and medical expenses, and that way, the claim will be properly pursued and the timelines followed. The overall statute of limitations is three years to sue for personal injury in WI, but this statute, can shorten the time, if a formal disallowance of the claim is received, shortening the time line to file  a lawsuit to 6 months.

David B. Karp Karp & Iancu, S.C. 933 North Mayfair Road #300 Milwaukee, WI 53226 414 453 0800

Report Abuse
Personal Injury
Have you been injured in accident that was someone else's fault? Has a doctor's mistake caused long-term health issues? Have you been hurt by a defective product? Under state personal injury laws, you may be entitled to compensation if you are hurt as a result of another person or company's negligent, reckless or deliberate actions. Personal injury lawyers work with the victims of all kinds of accidents, including auto accidents, motorcycle crashes, truck crashes, boating accidents, plane crashes, workplace injuries and railroad accidents. You should also hire a personal injury attorney if you've been injured as a result of dental or medical malpractice, a defective product, nursing home abuse, a slip and fall accident on someone else's property or a dog bite. Your personal injury law firm can help you collect money to pay for medical expenses, temporary or permanent disability, lost wages, pain and suffering, and other injury-related expenses.
Have an Personal Injury Question?
It’s Free & Easy.
Ask a Lawyer
Top Contributing Lawyers
Mark Tischhauser, Esq.

Attorney - Florida

320 Answers, 20 Legal Topics

Patrick Johnson

Attorney - Tennessee

237 Answers, 43 Legal Topics

Michael D. Siegel

Attorney - New York

141 Answers, 26 Legal Topics

Michael E. Fiffik

Attorney - Pennsylvania

113 Answers, 21 Legal Topics

Bruce Robins

Attorney - New York

95 Answers, 8 Legal Topics

Lori Nevias

Attorney - New York

94 Answers, 33 Legal Topics

R. Sam Price

Attorney - California

92 Answers, 13 Legal Topics

Personal Injury Local Law Firms  
In United States change location
Please select state Update
Do It Yourself Legal Forms

Popular Forums