Who is responsible?

1 Answers. Asked on Jun 13th, 2017 on Personal Injury - Georgia
More details to this question:
My 17 year old daughter visited an establishment without my consent where the entire arena is covered with trampolines and foam pits. She signed a waiver stating she was 18, but they never asked her for her ID. She fell from 6 feet into a 4 foot foam pit and hit the bottom, causing a compression fracture of her L1 in her spine. She went to the ER right away and they did not perform any imaging. They told her it was a pulled muscle and gave her Valium. She was then discharged. I was out of town with my husband. When I returned home, I took her to her pediatrician who ordered x-rays and found the fracture. I am furious with the establishment, as well as the hospital. Is there anything I can do?
Answers Showing 1 out of 1
Answered on Jun 15th, 2017 at 7:54 AM

Yes.    Generally, minors under the age of 18 may not enter into valid contracts in Georgia.  An exception might be if she was an emancipated minor (and not living with y'all).    Given the severity of the injuries, it is worth speaking with a personal injury lawyer immediately.  There's a good chance the estblishment, possibly Sky Zone in the Atlanta Metro Area, has liability insurance that may cover  the injury.    Claim against the hospital is much harder.   In an emergency setting, you would have to show gross negligence as opposed to ordinary negligence on a general malpractice claim.  

Report Abuse
Personal Injury
Have you been injured in accident that was someone else's fault? Has a doctor's mistake caused long-term health issues? Have you been hurt by a defective product? Under state personal injury laws, you may be entitled to compensation if you are hurt as a result of another person or company's negligent, reckless or deliberate actions. Personal injury lawyers work with the victims of all kinds of accidents, including auto accidents, motorcycle crashes, truck crashes, boating accidents, plane crashes, workplace injuries and railroad accidents. You should also hire a personal injury attorney if you've been injured as a result of dental or medical malpractice, a defective product, nursing home abuse, a slip and fall accident on someone else's property or a dog bite. Your personal injury law firm can help you collect money to pay for medical expenses, temporary or permanent disability, lost wages, pain and suffering, and other injury-related expenses.
Have an Personal Injury Question?
It’s Free & Easy.
Ask a Lawyer
Top Contributing Lawyers
Mark Tischhauser, Esq.

Attorney - Florida

319 Answers, 20 Legal Topics

Patrick Johnson

Attorney - Tennessee

235 Answers, 43 Legal Topics

Michael D. Siegel

Attorney - New York

139 Answers, 26 Legal Topics

Michael E. Fiffik

Attorney - Pennsylvania

112 Answers, 21 Legal Topics

Lori Nevias

Attorney - New York

94 Answers, 33 Legal Topics

Bruce Robins

Attorney - New York

94 Answers, 8 Legal Topics

R. Sam Price

Attorney - California

91 Answers, 13 Legal Topics

Personal Injury Local Law Firms  
In United States change location
Please select state Update
Do It Yourself Legal Forms

Popular Forums