If you are involved in an automobile accident and have sustained
property damage to your car please follow these simple steps in order to expedite the process of
settling your property damage claim:
1. Make sure you advise our office of where the damaged
car is being kept.
2. Make sure the car is being kept in a place that is accessible to an
insurance appraiser who may want to inspect the damages to your car.
3. Take photographs of
the damage to your car if possible.
4. Obtain an independent appraisal of the damages to your
car if possible.
5. You may freely allow any person, whether employed by your insurance
company or the other parties insurance company to inspect the damage to your vehicle for appraisal
6. You may speak with the other parties’ insurance company if they contact you
for the sole purpose of scheduling an appointment for them to appraise your car, however all you
should tell them is when and where your car can be inspected. Do not discuss any details about the
accident or your injuries.
7. Please remember that although we understand your immediate need
to get your car fixed and will make every effort to expedite this matter, that in many cases it does
take time to resolve your property damage claim. This is because we are dealing with the other
parties’ insurance company whose interests are adverse to yours. While we are concerned about
the resolution of your property damage claim we must also make 100% sure that the settlement of your
property damage claim will have positive bearings on your bodily injury claim. This is especially
important since in most cases your bodily injury claim is worth significantly more money than your
property damage claim. Following the procedures above will help us expedite your claim.
have been involved in a car
accident in New York contact the lawyers at the Raphaelson and Levine Law Firm Today at 1-800