> Discuss Your Legal Issue > Ask a Lawyer > Personal Injury > Can I still file an incident a year later?

Can I still file an incident a year later?

1 Answers. Asked on May 15th, 2017 on Personal Injury - California
More details to this question:
I was hit by a car in march last year which led to knee surgery. Later that day I was hit, I went to IHOP with my grandmother. In the restroom, on crutches, I went into the handicapped stall and my crutch slipped and I not only stepped on my bad leg, but I hit the side of my neck as I had no way of keeping myself up. There weren't any wet signs, I don't know what i slipped on. I was dealing with one Lawsuit on the woman who hit me I didn't focus on the incident but I have a pain in my neck that's been there since and I thought it'd go away but now my neck is popping and it's scaring me and I'm pissed about it.
Answers Showing 1 out of 1
Answered on May 16th, 2017 at 11:21 AM

We need more facts as to the original car acccident such as the time and place of the accident; if there is a police report; if the other driver has insurance and/or if you have Uninsured Motorist insurance; and what other injuries you had besides the knee surgery.

In addition, we need further details on your second accident at IHOP including whether a report was taken and if you went to the doctor for your neck injury.    

Please email your responses to the above questions.  

Thank you.

Report Abuse
Personal Injury
Have you been injured in accident that was someone else's fault? Has a doctor's mistake caused long-term health issues? Have you been hurt by a defective product? Under state personal injury laws, you may be entitled to compensation if you are hurt as a result of another person or company's negligent, reckless or deliberate actions. Personal injury lawyers work with the victims of all kinds of accidents, including auto accidents, motorcycle crashes, truck crashes, boating accidents, plane crashes, workplace injuries and railroad accidents. You should also hire a personal injury attorney if you've been injured as a result of dental or medical malpractice, a defective product, nursing home abuse, a slip and fall accident on someone else's property or a dog bite. Your personal injury law firm can help you collect money to pay for medical expenses, temporary or permanent disability, lost wages, pain and suffering, and other injury-related expenses.
Have an Personal Injury Question?
It’s Free & Easy.
Ask a Lawyer
Top Contributing Lawyers
Mark Tischhauser, Esq.

Attorney - Florida

313 Answers, 20 Legal Topics

Patrick Johnson

Attorney - Tennessee

223 Answers, 44 Legal Topics

Michael D. Siegel

Attorney - New York

176 Answers, 24 Legal Topics

Anthony John Van Zwaren, Esq.

Attorney - New Jersey

104 Answers, 18 Legal Topics

Lori Nevias

Attorney - New York

76 Answers, 28 Legal Topics

Mr. Max L. Rosenberg

Attorney - Connecticut

69 Answers, 33 Legal Topics

Edward J. Dimon

Attorney - New Jersey

60 Answers, 18 Legal Topics

Have a legal question?
Get answers from local attorneys.
It's free and easy.
Ask a Lawyer
Do It Yourself Legal Forms

Popular Forums