> Discuss Your Legal Issue > Ask a Lawyer > Personal Injury > How can I file a restraining order in Florida? Is that what I should do now?

How can I file a restraining order in Florida? Is that what I should do now?

1 Answers. Asked on Aug 20th, 2017 on Personal Injury - Florida
More details to this question:
This Saturday, around 2:15pm, I had to call 911 after my boyfriend pepper spraying my neighbor, who was body slamming my apartment door trying to break into it. He is a stalker of mine and can't leave me alone. Today, Sunday, at 11:30am, I was in the parking lot and he left his apartment to threat me, my boyfriend and also pushed me. Besides that, he was taking pictures of my car plate and me and my boyfriend. I am in extreme fear for my life and my boyfriend's. He has directly threatened us. I want to file a restraining order, is that what I have to do?! I have no idea on how to do that. Can anyone guide me? I appreciate everyone's time and attention. I am suffering a lot, I am just 20 years old and going to college, this guys has guns and is more than 60 years old and big.
Answers Showing 1 out of 1
Answered on Aug 21st, 2017 at 5:31 AM

#1 - If what you say is true, MOVE. first and foremost, and do so immediately, even if you have to break your lease. There is no restraining order that stops bullets. if he persists at that point, it will be MUCH harder for him to jusitify being in another town or across town bothering you and easier for a judge to enter a restraining order. To be clear, you really need to spend the money to hire a lawyer to address this. 

All responses are NOT to be considered legal advice nor to be relied upon in any as such nor to establish any form of attorney/client relationship. Opinions expressed are solely informational and not a substitute for proper legal advice provided by a properly retained after thoroughly researching the issues presented.

Report Abuse
Personal Injury
Have you been injured in accident that was someone else's fault? Has a doctor's mistake caused long-term health issues? Have you been hurt by a defective product? Under state personal injury laws, you may be entitled to compensation if you are hurt as a result of another person or company's negligent, reckless or deliberate actions. Personal injury lawyers work with the victims of all kinds of accidents, including auto accidents, motorcycle crashes, truck crashes, boating accidents, plane crashes, workplace injuries and railroad accidents. You should also hire a personal injury attorney if you've been injured as a result of dental or medical malpractice, a defective product, nursing home abuse, a slip and fall accident on someone else's property or a dog bite. Your personal injury law firm can help you collect money to pay for medical expenses, temporary or permanent disability, lost wages, pain and suffering, and other injury-related expenses.
Have an Personal Injury Question?
It’s Free & Easy.
Ask a Lawyer
Top Contributing Lawyers
Mark Tischhauser, Esq.

Attorney - Florida

313 Answers, 20 Legal Topics

Patrick Johnson

Attorney - Tennessee

223 Answers, 44 Legal Topics

Michael D. Siegel

Attorney - New York

176 Answers, 24 Legal Topics

Anthony John Van Zwaren, Esq.

Attorney - New Jersey

104 Answers, 18 Legal Topics

Lori Nevias

Attorney - New York

76 Answers, 28 Legal Topics

Mr. Max L. Rosenberg

Attorney - Connecticut

69 Answers, 33 Legal Topics

Edward J. Dimon

Attorney - New Jersey

60 Answers, 18 Legal Topics

Have a legal question?
Get answers from local attorneys.
It's free and easy.
Ask a Lawyer
Do It Yourself Legal Forms

Popular Forums