> Discuss Your Legal Issue > Ask a Lawyer > Personal Injury > How do I find out if personal injury award held in a trust account was in an interest bearing account or not?

How do I find out if personal injury award held in a trust account was in an interest bearing account or not?

1 Answers. Asked on Aug 09th, 2017 on Personal Injury - Florida
More details to this question:
My personal injury case had two parts, one with the women who hit me and one with my own insurance company. The women who hit me insurance company settled right away and the money was being held in trust until the case against my own insurance company was settled. Now that the case is settled, I received a settlement statement and was surprised to see that no interest earned was included on the statement. My attorneys tell me the trust account earned no interest. How do I know if this is true or not? Thank you.
Answers Showing 1 out of 1
Answered on Aug 10th, 2017 at 5:54 AM

Its likely true as the Florida Bar takes the interest on IOTA accounts. 

All responses are NOT to be considered legal advice nor to be relied upon in any as such nor to establish any form of attorney/client relationship. Opinions expressed are solely informational and not a substitute for proper legal advice provided by a properly retained after thoroughly researching the issues presented.

Report Abuse
Personal Injury
Have you been injured in accident that was someone else's fault? Has a doctor's mistake caused long-term health issues? Have you been hurt by a defective product? Under state personal injury laws, you may be entitled to compensation if you are hurt as a result of another person or company's negligent, reckless or deliberate actions. Personal injury lawyers work with the victims of all kinds of accidents, including auto accidents, motorcycle crashes, truck crashes, boating accidents, plane crashes, workplace injuries and railroad accidents. You should also hire a personal injury attorney if you've been injured as a result of dental or medical malpractice, a defective product, nursing home abuse, a slip and fall accident on someone else's property or a dog bite. Your personal injury law firm can help you collect money to pay for medical expenses, temporary or permanent disability, lost wages, pain and suffering, and other injury-related expenses.
Have an Personal Injury Question?
It’s Free & Easy.
Ask a Lawyer
Top Contributing Lawyers
Mark Tischhauser, Esq.

Attorney - Florida

339 Answers, 19 Legal Topics

Patrick Johnson

Attorney - Tennessee

239 Answers, 45 Legal Topics

Michael D. Siegel

Attorney - New York

177 Answers, 26 Legal Topics

Bruce Robins

Attorney - New York

98 Answers, 9 Legal Topics

Anthony John Van Zwaren, Esq.

Attorney - New Jersey

95 Answers, 18 Legal Topics

Mr. Max L. Rosenberg

Attorney - Connecticut

85 Answers, 34 Legal Topics

Stephen A. Black

Attorney - Florida

66 Answers, 11 Legal Topics

Have a legal question?
Get answers from local attorneys.
It's free and easy.
Ask a Lawyer
Do It Yourself Legal Forms

Popular Forums