> Discuss Your Legal Issue > Ask a Lawyer > Personal Injury > I got a chem. burn. Work denies anything harmful in the air. Now I am having difficulties thinking, breathing and losing hair.

I got a chem. burn. Work denies anything harmful in the air. Now I am having difficulties thinking, breathing and losing hair.

1 Answers. Asked on Apr 16th, 2012 on Personal Injury - Michigan
More details to this question:
What kind of a Dr. do I need to see? I went to a comp Dr. that diagnosed the chem burn on my neck and eyelids. 3 other employees are experiencing symptoms too. Work denies that it is coming from there. They say we don''t even work with the chemicals and the ones who do should be the ones with problems if there were any. I work at a veneer manufacturing business. There is wood dust and adhesive particles in the air and little to no ventilation. The MSDS is not being followed. I can''t even tell if they are up to date. I used to feel better after work when I left the building. Now I feel lousy all weekend too. So lawyer or Dr first? How will I survive without a paycheck while this is drug out. I know there is gross negligence, we reported this to OSHA and they did a personal air sample on us looking for one of the least likely chemicals and found a very low level. Bought off? I don''t know.
Answers Showing 1 out of 1
Answered on Apr 17th, 2012 at 2:21 PM


I suggest that you consult with a Michigan workers' compensation attorney who is also a very good personal injury attorney before seeing a doctor.  Normally I would advise seeing a doctor before an attorney in any type of injury case but your case is a unique.  You want a law firm that is going to get you to the right workers' compensation doctor immediately rather than going to someone your employer would prefer you see.  You want your attorney very skilled in third party matters because there just might be something going on that would justify a third party case.

You can start your search for the right attorney by clicking the "Find a Lawyer" button in the upper left hand corner of this page.

Good luck to you.

John Bisnar

Bisnar|Chase, Personal Injury Attorneys

Trusted Professionals, Proven Results



Report Abuse
Personal Injury
Have you been injured in accident that was someone else's fault? Has a doctor's mistake caused long-term health issues? Have you been hurt by a defective product? Under state personal injury laws, you may be entitled to compensation if you are hurt as a result of another person or company's negligent, reckless or deliberate actions. Personal injury lawyers work with the victims of all kinds of accidents, including auto accidents, motorcycle crashes, truck crashes, boating accidents, plane crashes, workplace injuries and railroad accidents. You should also hire a personal injury attorney if you've been injured as a result of dental or medical malpractice, a defective product, nursing home abuse, a slip and fall accident on someone else's property or a dog bite. Your personal injury law firm can help you collect money to pay for medical expenses, temporary or permanent disability, lost wages, pain and suffering, and other injury-related expenses.
Have an Personal Injury Question?
It’s Free & Easy.
Ask a Lawyer
Top Contributing Lawyers
Mark Tischhauser, Esq.

Attorney - Florida

330 Answers, 19 Legal Topics

Patrick Johnson

Attorney - Tennessee

224 Answers, 42 Legal Topics

Michael D. Siegel

Attorney - New York

181 Answers, 26 Legal Topics

Anthony John Van Zwaren, Esq.

Attorney - New Jersey

99 Answers, 18 Legal Topics

Bruce Robins

Attorney - New York

98 Answers, 9 Legal Topics

Mr. Max L. Rosenberg

Attorney - Connecticut

84 Answers, 34 Legal Topics

Stephen A. Black

Attorney - Florida

64 Answers, 11 Legal Topics

Have a legal question?
Get answers from local attorneys.
It's free and easy.
Ask a Lawyer
Do It Yourself Legal Forms

Popular Forums