> Discuss Your Legal Issue > Ask a Lawyer > Nursing Home Litigation > I want to sue an assisted living facility which i lived in Fl., the corp is in chicago, I am suing for $20k how do I proceed?

I want to sue an assisted living facility which i lived in Fl., the corp is in chicago, I am suing for $20k how do I proceed?

1 Answers. Asked on Jul 20th, 2016 on Nursing Home Litigation - Florida
More details to this question:
I lived in this facility for 16 months, I moved out and got only 10 % of the deposit back. The contract states, you can get 50% within 1 year of moving out or 10% after 1 year. I would like to sue to get at least 50% the deposit back since it was only a few months after 1 year I left. I want to do this pro se.
Answers Showing 1 out of 1
Answered on Jul 27th, 2016 at 5:05 AM

You are wasting your time in court pro-se unless you have SUBSTANTIAL legal training and skill sets. If you feel this must be pursued in court then you will properly need to retain a lawyer to handle this for you. 

All responses are NOT to be considered legal advice nor to be relied upon in any as such nor to establish any form of attorney/client relationship. Opinions expressed are solely informational and not a substitute for proper legal advice provided by a properly retained after thoroughly researching the issues presented.

Report Abuse
Nursing Home Litigation
Elderly and vulnerable adults are at greater risk of suffering from physical, verbal and sexual abuse; neglect; and financial exploitation. Has a loved one been abused or neglected in a nursing home, assisted-living facility or long-term care center? Contact law enforcement officials immediately and then talk to personal injury lawyers with experience representing victims of nursing home abuse and neglect. Your family member may be entitled to compensation under your state's personal injury laws. A law firm can help you take civil legal action while also working with your relative and police to facilitate a criminal investigation.
Have an Nursing Home Litigation Question?
It’s Free & Easy.
Ask a Lawyer
Top Contributing Lawyers
Mark Tischhauser, Esq.

Attorney - Florida

330 Answers, 19 Legal Topics

Patrick Johnson

Attorney - Tennessee

224 Answers, 42 Legal Topics

Michael D. Siegel

Attorney - New York

181 Answers, 26 Legal Topics

Anthony John Van Zwaren, Esq.

Attorney - New Jersey

99 Answers, 18 Legal Topics

Bruce Robins

Attorney - New York

98 Answers, 9 Legal Topics

Mr. Max L. Rosenberg

Attorney - Connecticut

84 Answers, 34 Legal Topics

Stephen A. Black

Attorney - Florida

64 Answers, 11 Legal Topics

Have a legal question?
Get answers from local attorneys.
It's free and easy.
Ask a Lawyer
Do It Yourself Legal Forms

Popular Forums