> Discuss Your Legal Issue > Ask a Lawyer > Personal Injury > If I was injured at work, can I sue my employer for negligence or does it have to be a Workers Comp claim?

If I was injured at work, can I sue my employer for negligence or does it have to be a Workers Comp claim?

1 Answers. Asked on Apr 10th, 2012 on Personal Injury - North Carolina
More details to this question:
I was injured at work and my supervisor neglected to follow protocol. My injury went on for about 6 weeks and I decided to see the company nurse myself but she was not supposed to see me without an incident report in which I did not have but she seen me anyway. After treating me, she was suppose to request an incident report but did not nor did she make any inquiries about having this job requirement changed. Now I have a permanent partial disability that could have been prevented if protocols would have been followed. This injury not only affected my work but my personal life as well which is not covered under Workers Comp.
Answers Showing 1 out of 1
Answered on Apr 10th, 2012 at 3:14 PM

Sometimes you have a claim directly against the employer for negligence, particularly if it rises to the level of "gross negligence".  You should speak with a personal injury attorney in your area, and he/she will give you the best guidance on how to proceed.  Almost all initial consultations with personal injury attorneys are free of charge.  Good luck going forward.  -Jay Mills

Report Abuse
Personal Injury
Have you been injured in accident that was someone else's fault? Has a doctor's mistake caused long-term health issues? Have you been hurt by a defective product? Under state personal injury laws, you may be entitled to compensation if you are hurt as a result of another person or company's negligent, reckless or deliberate actions. Personal injury lawyers work with the victims of all kinds of accidents, including auto accidents, motorcycle crashes, truck crashes, boating accidents, plane crashes, workplace injuries and railroad accidents. You should also hire a personal injury attorney if you've been injured as a result of dental or medical malpractice, a defective product, nursing home abuse, a slip and fall accident on someone else's property or a dog bite. Your personal injury law firm can help you collect money to pay for medical expenses, temporary or permanent disability, lost wages, pain and suffering, and other injury-related expenses.
Have an Personal Injury Question?
It’s Free & Easy.
Ask a Lawyer
Top Contributing Lawyers
Mark Tischhauser, Esq.

Attorney - Florida

330 Answers, 19 Legal Topics

Patrick Johnson

Attorney - Tennessee

224 Answers, 42 Legal Topics

Michael D. Siegel

Attorney - New York

181 Answers, 26 Legal Topics

Anthony John Van Zwaren, Esq.

Attorney - New Jersey

99 Answers, 18 Legal Topics

Bruce Robins

Attorney - New York

98 Answers, 9 Legal Topics

Mr. Max L. Rosenberg

Attorney - Connecticut

84 Answers, 34 Legal Topics

Stephen A. Black

Attorney - Florida

64 Answers, 11 Legal Topics

Have a legal question?
Get answers from local attorneys.
It's free and easy.
Ask a Lawyer
Do It Yourself Legal Forms

Popular Forums