> Discuss Your Legal Issue > Ask a Lawyer > Personal Injury > Is it possible to sue someone in order to get back money used to help the individual. The amount trying to get back is about $45K.

Is it possible to sue someone in order to get back money used to help the individual. The amount trying to get back is about $45K.

1 Answers. Asked on May 16th, 2017 on Personal Injury - South Carolina
More details to this question:
The individual was going thru nasty divorce, spouse depleted their accounts, lost a thriving business, lost home, had to stay with a friend and left with nothing. When jailed due to child support, since he had no money, I bailed him out with the promise of repayment. I do have signed and notarized paperwork with guarantee. Although discuss payment arrangements, the individual has failed to repay back.
Tagged as:
Answers Showing 1 out of 1
Answered on May 19th, 2017 at 12:03 PM

Yes, you can sue him for breach of an oral contract, but you must have proof of the loan as you have nothing in writing.  You may find a lawyer to take this case, but it will be hard to find one that will take it on a contingency (percentage) basis, as getting money from this man may be impossible if he has none.

This answer neither constitutes legal advice nor does it create a lawyer/client relationship.

Dr. Michael G. Sribnick, Esq. personal injury attorney with offices in Charleston and Columbia, S.C.

Michael G. Sribnick, M.D., J.D.

Report Abuse
Personal Injury
Have you been injured in accident that was someone else's fault? Has a doctor's mistake caused long-term health issues? Have you been hurt by a defective product? Under state personal injury laws, you may be entitled to compensation if you are hurt as a result of another person or company's negligent, reckless or deliberate actions. Personal injury lawyers work with the victims of all kinds of accidents, including auto accidents, motorcycle crashes, truck crashes, boating accidents, plane crashes, workplace injuries and railroad accidents. You should also hire a personal injury attorney if you've been injured as a result of dental or medical malpractice, a defective product, nursing home abuse, a slip and fall accident on someone else's property or a dog bite. Your personal injury law firm can help you collect money to pay for medical expenses, temporary or permanent disability, lost wages, pain and suffering, and other injury-related expenses.
Have an Personal Injury Question?
It’s Free & Easy.
Ask a Lawyer
Top Contributing Lawyers
Mark Tischhauser, Esq.

Attorney - Florida

313 Answers, 20 Legal Topics

Patrick Johnson

Attorney - Tennessee

223 Answers, 44 Legal Topics

Michael D. Siegel

Attorney - New York

176 Answers, 24 Legal Topics

Anthony John Van Zwaren, Esq.

Attorney - New Jersey

104 Answers, 18 Legal Topics

Lori Nevias

Attorney - New York

76 Answers, 28 Legal Topics

Mr. Max L. Rosenberg

Attorney - Connecticut

69 Answers, 33 Legal Topics

Edward J. Dimon

Attorney - New Jersey

60 Answers, 18 Legal Topics

Have a legal question?
Get answers from local attorneys.
It's free and easy.
Ask a Lawyer
Do It Yourself Legal Forms

Popular Forums