> Discuss Your Legal Issue > Ask a Lawyer > Personal Injury > My 2 kids, husband and I have been exposed to toxic mold in our rental. Our property mamangement company neglected a leak. We have a full mold report

My 2 kids, husband and I have been exposed to toxic mold in our rental. Our property mamangement company neglected a leak. We have a full mold report

1 Answers. Asked on Feb 28th, 2017 on Personal Injury - California
More details to this question:
Our property mamangement patched the roof and did not take care of all of the water damage in attic. My kids have been in and out of urgent care with respitory issues since they were born. We did a $1200 mold assessment on our rental home. Toxic amounts of mold were found. And there is mold growing on the walls of my babies room. We left the house as soon as we found out, packed a suitcase and moved to my parents. We are in the process of getting our belongings out and the landlord is harassing us. Accusing us of many things and making us pay full rent while our home is uninhabitable. We would like to know if we have a case and what we are entitled to. Thank you!
Tagged as:
Answers Showing 1 out of 1
Answered on Feb 28th, 2017 at 12:20 PM

You can move out and surrender the property. You can repair the mold and deduct the amount from the rent. However, you have to follow several detailed steps in order for it to be effective. Or you can stay and do nothing. Good Luck

Report Abuse
Personal Injury
Have you been injured in accident that was someone else's fault? Has a doctor's mistake caused long-term health issues? Have you been hurt by a defective product? Under state personal injury laws, you may be entitled to compensation if you are hurt as a result of another person or company's negligent, reckless or deliberate actions. Personal injury lawyers work with the victims of all kinds of accidents, including auto accidents, motorcycle crashes, truck crashes, boating accidents, plane crashes, workplace injuries and railroad accidents. You should also hire a personal injury attorney if you've been injured as a result of dental or medical malpractice, a defective product, nursing home abuse, a slip and fall accident on someone else's property or a dog bite. Your personal injury law firm can help you collect money to pay for medical expenses, temporary or permanent disability, lost wages, pain and suffering, and other injury-related expenses.
Have an Personal Injury Question?
It’s Free & Easy.
Ask a Lawyer
Top Contributing Lawyers
Mark Tischhauser, Esq.

Attorney - Florida

339 Answers, 19 Legal Topics

Patrick Johnson

Attorney - Tennessee

239 Answers, 45 Legal Topics

Michael D. Siegel

Attorney - New York

177 Answers, 26 Legal Topics

Bruce Robins

Attorney - New York

98 Answers, 9 Legal Topics

Anthony John Van Zwaren, Esq.

Attorney - New Jersey

95 Answers, 18 Legal Topics

Mr. Max L. Rosenberg

Attorney - Connecticut

85 Answers, 34 Legal Topics

Stephen A. Black

Attorney - Florida

66 Answers, 11 Legal Topics

Have a legal question?
Get answers from local attorneys.
It's free and easy.
Ask a Lawyer
Do It Yourself Legal Forms

Popular Forums