> Discuss Your Legal Issue > Ask a Lawyer > Automobile Accidents > My car caught on fire at Pepboys. But I don''t have comprehensive insurance to cover the damage. Can i sue Pepboys?

My car caught on fire at Pepboys. But I don''t have comprehensive insurance to cover the damage. Can i sue Pepboys?

1 Answers. Asked on Feb 08th, 2012 on Automobile Accidents - New York
More details to this question:
I drove my car (Nissan Altima 1997) to Pep Boys (Long Island) for a fix on 02/04 because of the leak issue. I dropped it off. When I came back from MacDonald after lunch, the car caught on fire, which melted almost the whole front part. The Pep Boy technician said afterwards the leak gasoline caused the fire when he tried to start the engine (It was their technician caused the fire, not me). I am still waiting for the report from the fire marshal Dept. And my Geico insurance does not cover fire damage. So what should I do now? Can I sue Pep Boys or get coverage from Pep Boys?
Answers Showing 1 out of 1
Answered on Apr 05th, 2012 at 6:29 PM

You can sue Pep Boys if you have evidence that the fire was their fault. Depending on what the fire marshal's report says you may have a good case. Good Luck,


Andy Gillin, Senior Partner

GJEL Accident Attorneys

Report Abuse
Automobile Accidents
Automobile accidents can be costly. Depending on your insurance, you may have to pay for some or all of your car repairs, plus the cost to rent an auto while yours is in the shop. And if your car crash was serious, you may also be hit with big medical bills and other expenses. But if the accident was someone else's fault, you may not have to pay for accident-related expenses. Under many states' personal injury laws, the person or company at fault in your accident can be sued for damages. Talk to an experienced automobile accident attorney or personal injury law firm to learn whether you have a valid case against the other driver. Auto accident lawyers can also help you pursue products liability claims against the vehicle manufacturer if your accident was the result of a problem or defect with your motor vehicle.
Have an Automobile Accidents Question?
It’s Free & Easy.
Ask a Lawyer
Top Contributing Lawyers
Mark Tischhauser, Esq.

Attorney - Florida

330 Answers, 19 Legal Topics

Patrick Johnson

Attorney - Tennessee

224 Answers, 42 Legal Topics

Michael D. Siegel

Attorney - New York

181 Answers, 26 Legal Topics

Anthony John Van Zwaren, Esq.

Attorney - New Jersey

99 Answers, 18 Legal Topics

Bruce Robins

Attorney - New York

98 Answers, 9 Legal Topics

Mr. Max L. Rosenberg

Attorney - Connecticut

84 Answers, 34 Legal Topics

Stephen A. Black

Attorney - Florida

64 Answers, 11 Legal Topics

Have a legal question?
Get answers from local attorneys.
It's free and easy.
Ask a Lawyer
Do It Yourself Legal Forms

Popular Forums