> Discuss Your Legal Issue > Ask a Lawyer > Personal Injury > My husband was recently in a fight with another man. The other man bit off part of his ear and finger. He is in physical and emotional pain. This guy

My husband was recently in a fight with another man. The other man bit off part of his ear and finger. He is in physical and emotional pain. This guy

1 Answers. Asked on May 01st, 2012 on Personal Injury - Hawaii
More details to this question:
is in and out of jail, currently is in jail awaiting court, and probbaly has no money. what should we do?
Answers Showing 1 out of 1
Answered on May 02nd, 2012 at 2:39 PM

More than likely, there would not be any insurance coverage that would cover an intentional act such as biting off someone's ear and finger.  Further, the fact that your husband's assailant is in jail may mean that he would have no means to pay even if he were found to be responsible for your husband's injuries.  These are generalizations, of course, and it would be advisable to talk to an attorney in your state and discuss your case with them.  For example, if the assault was determined to be accidental, and not intentional, then there is a possibility that the assailant's homeowner's insurance policy might provide coverage for your husband's injuries.  This presumes, of course, that he has homeowner's insurance.  Best of luck to you.  Chip Clark


Report Abuse
Personal Injury
Have you been injured in accident that was someone else's fault? Has a doctor's mistake caused long-term health issues? Have you been hurt by a defective product? Under state personal injury laws, you may be entitled to compensation if you are hurt as a result of another person or company's negligent, reckless or deliberate actions. Personal injury lawyers work with the victims of all kinds of accidents, including auto accidents, motorcycle crashes, truck crashes, boating accidents, plane crashes, workplace injuries and railroad accidents. You should also hire a personal injury attorney if you've been injured as a result of dental or medical malpractice, a defective product, nursing home abuse, a slip and fall accident on someone else's property or a dog bite. Your personal injury law firm can help you collect money to pay for medical expenses, temporary or permanent disability, lost wages, pain and suffering, and other injury-related expenses.
Have an Personal Injury Question?
It’s Free & Easy.
Ask a Lawyer
Top Contributing Lawyers
Mark Tischhauser, Esq.

Attorney - Florida

330 Answers, 19 Legal Topics

Patrick Johnson

Attorney - Tennessee

224 Answers, 42 Legal Topics

Michael D. Siegel

Attorney - New York

181 Answers, 26 Legal Topics

Anthony John Van Zwaren, Esq.

Attorney - New Jersey

99 Answers, 18 Legal Topics

Bruce Robins

Attorney - New York

98 Answers, 9 Legal Topics

Mr. Max L. Rosenberg

Attorney - Connecticut

84 Answers, 34 Legal Topics

Stephen A. Black

Attorney - Florida

64 Answers, 11 Legal Topics

Have a legal question?
Get answers from local attorneys.
It's free and easy.
Ask a Lawyer
Do It Yourself Legal Forms

Popular Forums