> Discuss Your Legal Issue > Ask a Lawyer > Personal Injury > my son who is 12 yrs old was physical assualt by substitute teacher

my son who is 12 yrs old was physical assualt by substitute teacher

1 Answers. Asked on Jan 27th, 2017 on Personal Injury - Wisconsin
More details to this question:
The teacher had grab my son pushed him up against the wall which he now is swollen while choking him. My grandson was trying to pull the teacher hands from his neck the assistant principal was called by the kids that was witnessing this ran to office to get assistance the assistant principal came in witnessing the teacher at that point slamming my son to the floor. The principal and security that showed up by that time pulled the teacher off my son. The principal did contact me and told me what happened and also said that he does have statements from the entire class and that the teacher was removed from the building. I did keep my son at home for the day do to the back pain he now has.
Answers Showing 1 out of 1
Answered on Jan 28th, 2017 at 5:23 AM

You can make a claim for your son against the school district for the assault and injury. However, since it is a claim against a municipality or other governmental entity, in Wisconsin you must file a written notice of claim by personally serving it in the governmental agency in charge within 120 days from the date of the occurrence or otherwise the claim would be forever barred. There are very strict rules and time line rules to follow to preserve your son's claim so I strongly urge you to hire a personal injury lawyer of your choice as soon as possible to pursue the claim in your son's behalf. I am truly sorry to hear of what happened here to your  child.

David B. Karp Karp & Iancu, S.C. 933 North Mayfair Road #300 Milwaukee, WI 53226 414 453 0800

Report Abuse
Personal Injury
Have you been injured in accident that was someone else's fault? Has a doctor's mistake caused long-term health issues? Have you been hurt by a defective product? Under state personal injury laws, you may be entitled to compensation if you are hurt as a result of another person or company's negligent, reckless or deliberate actions. Personal injury lawyers work with the victims of all kinds of accidents, including auto accidents, motorcycle crashes, truck crashes, boating accidents, plane crashes, workplace injuries and railroad accidents. You should also hire a personal injury attorney if you've been injured as a result of dental or medical malpractice, a defective product, nursing home abuse, a slip and fall accident on someone else's property or a dog bite. Your personal injury law firm can help you collect money to pay for medical expenses, temporary or permanent disability, lost wages, pain and suffering, and other injury-related expenses.
Have an Personal Injury Question?
It’s Free & Easy.
Ask a Lawyer
Top Contributing Lawyers
Mark Tischhauser, Esq.

Attorney - Florida

311 Answers, 20 Legal Topics

Patrick Johnson

Attorney - Tennessee

223 Answers, 44 Legal Topics

Michael D. Siegel

Attorney - New York

175 Answers, 24 Legal Topics

Anthony John Van Zwaren, Esq.

Attorney - New Jersey

110 Answers, 19 Legal Topics

Lori Nevias

Attorney - New York

75 Answers, 27 Legal Topics

Mr. Max L. Rosenberg

Attorney - Connecticut

69 Answers, 33 Legal Topics

Bruce Robins

Attorney - New York

64 Answers, 9 Legal Topics

Have a legal question?
Get answers from local attorneys.
It's free and easy.
Ask a Lawyer
Do It Yourself Legal Forms

Popular Forums